Pages

Very important disclaimer

Please be advised that the contents of this blog are opinions only (my opinion, the opinions of my family and the opinions of anyone else directly or indirectly involed in this blog). This is not an accredited training blog, nor is it an accredited anything blog. If you (and you) do anything that this blog says, or don't do anything that this site says not to do, and you get injured, sick or killed, you cannot blame me or my family or blame anyone else directly or indirectly involved in this blog. By reading anything on this blog (including this message) you are saying that you are a person who makes thier own choices in life and does not hold the writer of this blog, the writers family or any one else that may be directly or indirectly involved in the production or writing of this blog, responsible for your stupid and irresponsible behaviors, injuries, sicknesses or deaths. With that said, please enjoy my fun blog.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Great race debate…

Mara 1… well, actually the great training debate…

I am going to start training for the Calgary Half Marathon. The Race is on May 30th and my time goal for this race is 1:55:31. This would be a 3 minute improvement on last year and would make me very happy. Under 2hr would be acceptable too.

Now my question is. How do I train for the race? I have only ever ran 3 days a week. Sunday and Wednesdays, and what ever other day worked or was clinic day. Now I am looking at different plan for my race training, just to mix it up until the next store clinic that is available. Do I all of a sudden ramp into 5 days a week? or 6? don’t answer, I know. Gradual increases… avoid injury. the program is 12 weeks, so I would start the program on Monday March 8th. 2 Mondays from now. That seems do-able.

HH training half program

You know what. No more debate… this is my plan! I think I'll actually buy the plan too! Any thoughts on how good the daily tips and running coaching are? I may push the Tuesday hills and speed to Wednesday, and take out the Wed run as I do the gym on M-W-F. Saturday race pace will be fun, never really ever run on Saturday before…

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes having a schedule to stick to is more important the what's on the schedule. As long as you're not hurting, you should be good to go

    ReplyDelete