Pages

Very important disclaimer

Please be advised that the contents of this blog are opinions only (my opinion, the opinions of my family and the opinions of anyone else directly or indirectly involed in this blog). This is not an accredited training blog, nor is it an accredited anything blog. If you (and you) do anything that this blog says, or don't do anything that this site says not to do, and you get injured, sick or killed, you cannot blame me or my family or blame anyone else directly or indirectly involved in this blog. By reading anything on this blog (including this message) you are saying that you are a person who makes thier own choices in life and does not hold the writer of this blog, the writers family or any one else that may be directly or indirectly involved in the production or writing of this blog, responsible for your stupid and irresponsible behaviors, injuries, sicknesses or deaths. With that said, please enjoy my fun blog.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Training plan for Calgary Half Marathon on May 30th, 2010

My program has started, with Week 1, Monday March 8th as the beginning.

The speed workouts consist of 400m repeats at about 5k pace, with walking or jogging 400m between repeats to recover. Easy runs are just that, a recovery from the harder speed and distance workouts, run at a conversational pace. Sunday distance are made to be enjoyed while getting your body used to running far. Pace runs are run at my targeted race pace. Tempo is a little different. It is a gradual build-up of continuous running for 1/3 the allotted time, plateauing at a hard pace for 1/3 the time and then easy running for the final amount of time. Also, I like to race, so I will be sticking races in on occasion.

No hills… ;o)

Calgary Half Training

No comments:

Post a Comment