Pages

Very important disclaimer

Please be advised that the contents of this blog are opinions only (my opinion, the opinions of my family and the opinions of anyone else directly or indirectly involed in this blog). This is not an accredited training blog, nor is it an accredited anything blog. If you (and you) do anything that this blog says, or don't do anything that this site says not to do, and you get injured, sick or killed, you cannot blame me or my family or blame anyone else directly or indirectly involved in this blog. By reading anything on this blog (including this message) you are saying that you are a person who makes thier own choices in life and does not hold the writer of this blog, the writers family or any one else that may be directly or indirectly involved in the production or writing of this blog, responsible for your stupid and irresponsible behaviors, injuries, sicknesses or deaths. With that said, please enjoy my fun blog.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Great Wednesday Run…

Had a terrific run tonight. We had a variety of distance run by a nice size group. My Group ran 7x400 intervals and did great. The incredible spring weather made it even better. It’s funny how when you do speedwork, the distances go by in a flash. Breaking up the run into these short bursts, all of a sudden 5k is gone, then we are done and we have completed 8k! Also, we did the first 5k in 34 minutes, that included an extended break at the halfway mark for a water stop at the vehicles. The 10k group did a nice fast 3k and all seemed pleased with their run. After our run, our group broke into an impromptu core workout with some planks and side planks. It was weird, but I think it may catch on. I know a lot of runners add some strength training into the end of their runs. I like the idea. It would save a lot of money in gym memberships I don’t use.

On to Sunday, there is a 13k run scheduled. Our runners training for the Police Half are running 20k *woot*. We will also have groups running 5 – 10k.

Here is the ‘Mixin it up’ run I have come up with for Sunday (yes we climb Sikome hill at 7k, but we get to go down Stinky at 9k)… Click here to see it on Map My Run. There are plenty of ways to cut it off short for those running less than 13, and if you are doing more, you can do an out and back into West Fish Creek a the end.

13k fun run

No comments:

Post a Comment