Pages

Very important disclaimer

Please be advised that the contents of this blog are opinions only (my opinion, the opinions of my family and the opinions of anyone else directly or indirectly involed in this blog). This is not an accredited training blog, nor is it an accredited anything blog. If you (and you) do anything that this blog says, or don't do anything that this site says not to do, and you get injured, sick or killed, you cannot blame me or my family or blame anyone else directly or indirectly involved in this blog. By reading anything on this blog (including this message) you are saying that you are a person who makes thier own choices in life and does not hold the writer of this blog, the writers family or any one else that may be directly or indirectly involved in the production or writing of this blog, responsible for your stupid and irresponsible behaviors, injuries, sicknesses or deaths. With that said, please enjoy my fun blog.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nether Regions…

So a club runner had an unfortunate condition during the half marathon a couple weeks ago. Her butt cheeks chaffed. Early in the race. yeah.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say most of us runners have chaffed somewhere on our bodies during a run and we know that it isn’t pleasant. I’m also going to go out on a limb and say that there are some bodily nether regions that we need to cover with the body glide, but would rather not talk about, or more importantly you don’t want to ‘taint’ your expensive stick of the slippery stuff by rubbing it directly… well… you know.

Ok, here’s what I do with my bodyglide before a long run.

I first rub it on all the non awkward and non-gross areas. Then, (and this is my awesome advice) take a wad of toilet paper, rub liberal amounts of the body glide stick on the toilet paper, then rub the toilet paper on all the awkward and gross spots. flush.

You’re welcome ;o)

3 comments:

  1. Know what you should have called this post?

    Emily.

    It gives advice on running etiquette - hence, Emily Post.

    Thanks, Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just what I wanted to read before coffee. Poor girl. I'd read one suggestion that said body glide is cheap. Have two sticks, one for everywhere, and one for there. And never mix them up went unsaid but clearly implied.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ GQH, ok!
    @ Keith, but how do you KNOW it's the right stick
    ? Clearly implied, but never sure. yuck.

    ReplyDelete